How we make our products is at the center of everything we do. Our state-of-the-art facilities are setting the standard for sustainable, highly productive, safe and progressive baking.
Safety and Innovation
From The Hearth strives to maintain a superior level of food safety in all of our plants. Our facilities in Canada and U.S.A. have adopted numerous important safety standards including:
- Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Certification, the world standard for food safety management, for 10 years
- Food Safety and Quality (SQF) Certification for the past 10 years
- the HACCP-based food safety program. The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point is a universally recognized food safety system, which prioritizes and controls potential hazards in food production.
- the AIB Superior Award, six years in a row. AIB International is a century-old food safety certification body for bakers and food processors. Its “mission is to empower the global food industry to elevate their food safety and grain-based production capabilities.”
- compliance with Canada’s new Safe Food for Canadians Act (SFCA) and the Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR)