From The Hearth is committed to conducting business in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. We take into account the interests of our employees, customers, suppliers and community. When we research, develop and manufacture our products we comply with sound environmental practices, using processes and procedures that meet the highest standards of responsibility. This includes a commitment to the prevention of pollution and the continuous improvement to the reduction, recovery and recycling of resources.
We take pride in:
- being a member of the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), a non-governmental organization, which promotes the growth and use of sustainable palm oil through global standards and engagement.
- having diverted 88% of food waste and non-food materials since September 30, 2018, and we are looking to further improve that number.
- making a significant portion of our packaging from recycled materials. All our cardboard boxes and cartons are 100% recyclable.
- our printed plastic bags being made of LDPE No. 4 plastic which is 100% recyclable.
- transitioning our lighting systems to energy-efficient LED from older, less efficient lighting.
- the efficient transport of our products leading to less fuel consumption and fewer emissions
- Furlani’s oven-overhaul project, which reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 34%. Visit furlanis.com/furlani-carbon-footprint/ to read about our energy and cost efficiency.
- supporting local charities (such as the Dovercourt Boys & Girls Club and LAMP Community Health Centre) and donating garlic bread to various fund-raising events.